Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dell Support, Not That Bad



December 2008 was the first time I purchased a Dell computer. I bought an XPS M1730 from them. It was quite expensive, but since I love the specifications so much, I decided to get it.

Some of my friends told me that I would regret purchasing a Dell computer. They said that the support was useless, unhelpful and horrible.

So when I got my computer, I called Dell Tech Support to assist me with some software configuration set up.

My call was answered by a soft spoken male agent. He sounds like not a native English speaker because of his accent but he speaks the language very clearly and I never misunderstood any of his words.

I told him all the questions that I have. He immediately took over my computer and guided me in setting up the software. He was very prompt in answering all my questions. He sounds like he knew and was very confident on what he was doing. I asked him where he's located and he said he's in Asia, specifically in the Philippines. I was amazed to know that he's not even in US. I thought he was a migrant from a different country and is based in US. He said Dell has their own base in the Philippines. They also have sites in India and some other countries.

The technician was so polite. He never stopped calling me "Sir" so I told him it will be better if he should call me by my first name since I'm not used to it. I felt liked he's really very interested in helping me and resolving all my issues.

Our troubleshooting took for over an hour since I have a lot of questions about my new computer. He never sounded irritated on all my questions. I'm not really familiar with computers so I asked even the very basic questions.

When all my computer issues are fixed, I thanked him and he gave me some reference numbers so I can call them back if I encountered any issues on my computer.

I can say that the support given to me was excellent. I'm just not sure why a lot of people are telling me that the support wasn't good but it's definitely not.

With that good experience that I had, I would recommend Dell to all who wanted to have a good computer and at the same time, good service.

I hope I will never encounter any computer issues but if I will, I'm glad I can call Dell to help me out.